Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You call that a carrot muffin?!

Shame on you MBCo. You are so fancy with your all white interior and fancy sandwiches tied up with raffia. Looking for a classy place to have some tea at Trudeau airport yesterday (yes, a futile activity), I stopped with the fam at MBCo . Looking for something cheap, I got a carrot muffin, which looked promising. One of those tall, baking paper wrapped, posh looking dealios with icing on top. It kind of looked a bit pale but maybe it's the nice raffia tying up the little bundle. (sorry, no one bothered to pull out the camera)

It was a disappointment. Pale interior with just a few lonely slivers of carrot, I detected little brown bits but couldn't tell if they were raisins or bits o nuts (yes, I know the difference), and hard as a rock! It looks like they didn't even use brown sugar to make it! Not at all nice and moist as a good carrot muffin should be. The icing was a fancy glossy lemon kind, but it really didn't complement the cylindrical dowel. Probably the worst excuse of a carrot muffin I've ever had.

oh and they present it on a classy small styrofoam tray.

at least the tea is good, Higgins and Burke. Their green tea is lovely, with lemongrass and verbena leaves. I actually, surprisingly had this first at St. Huberts . Yes, St. Huberts, what was I thinking? Well, I was horribly sick and had impaired judgement. So I'll blame my hus, who I blame for everything that goes wrong. Ah, scapegoating!

I'm sure MBCo does some stellar raffia wrapped up posh sarnies but am I really going to pay $12 for a sandwich on a styrofoam tray? Way to treat the people of Montreal well, Montreal Bread Company. That's like Leonard Cohen charging over $100 for tix at his hometown concerts. Well, kinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment